Courtesy of NFR Experience
Rodeo Way, one of the six main interactive elements of Cowboy Christmas, will feature unique exhibits that highlight the best of rodeo.
Free to the public, Cowboy Christmas will be open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. from Dec. 5 – 14. To add to the overall experience, RMEF’s Hunter & Outdoor Christmas Expo will be co-located upstairs in the South Halls from Cowboy Christmas.
Designed as one of the main attractions of the Cowboy Christmas layout in the South Halls of the Las Vegas Convention Center, Rodeo Way is built to look like an old Western town. The area features eight interactive booths, each specially decorated allowing fans to experience a wide array of memorabilia and rodeo history.
Exhibitors include Calgary Stampede, Cheyenne Frontier Days, Corpus Christi, Days of ’47, Indian National Finals Rodeo, Pendleton Round-Up, San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo and Travel Oregon.
Adjacent to Rodeo Way is the Coors Rodeo Saloon. Located near the east end of Cowboy Christmas, the full-service Western saloon features video screens with a replay of the prior night’s Wrangler NFR performance.
In addition to Rodeo Way, Cowboy Christmas will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
• Wrangler Rodeo Arena – The arena will seat more than 1,100 fans and feature the Flag Girl Competition, Exceptional Rodeo presented by NV Energy and, for the fourth consecutive year, the Junior World Finals with championship competitions in bull riding, bareback riding, saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling, girls and boys breakaway, team roping, tie-down roping, pole bending and barrel racing;
• Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON – Daily features include Flint Rasmussen’s “Outside the Barrel,” RFD-TV’s Western Sports Roundup and Keepin’ it Country with host Andy Griggs. New in 2019 is the Cowboys for Conservation Calcutta;
• NFR Central – This area will feature radio remotes, contestant and musician autograph sessions, giveaways and more. Dale Brisby will also be in attendance;
• Great Wall of Rodeo presented by Calgary Stampede – This fan favorite features a graphic of all Wrangler NFR contestants and other interactive elements;
• Bites and Brews presented by Total Feeds – A series of custom food and beverage carts will be located on the second floor adjacent to the Wrangler Rodeo Arena.
12 Gauge Ranch, Bloomer Trailers, Rockstar Energy, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, StubHub, Traeger Wood Fired Grills, Wrangler and YETI serve as Gold Buckle sponsors. Silver and Bronze sponsors include Boot Barn, Browning, B&W Trailer Hitches, Calgary Stampede, Cavender’s, Classic Equine, Cloud Touch, Coors, Impact Gel, Justin, Lucas Oil, NV Energy, Nevada State Bank, Panhandle, Pendleton Whisky, Priefert, Purina, Pro Fantasy Rodeo, Ram Rodeo, RFD-TV, RODEOHOUSTON, SmartPak, Star Nursery and Total Feeds, Inc.
Cowboy Christmas brought large crowds to the Las Vegas Convention Center over the ten days in 2018, reaching 232,595.