From Dec. 2 – 11 at The Cowboy Channel Cowboy Christmas, the Ariat Rodeo Live will bring live talk show style entertainment to rodeo fans. Free to the public, Cowboy Christmas is open 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (PT) daily at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Halls and features more than 350 exhibitors and interactive elements for rodeo fans.
Each day, the Ariat Rodeo Live State will feature the following (all times PT and subject to change):
RMEF Calcutta – starting at 10:15 a.m.
Outside the Barrel with Flint Rasmussen – starting at 11:15 a.m.
Cowboy Revival with host Shane Minor – starting at 12:30 p.m.
NFR Tailgate Party – starting at 1:30 p.m.
Rasmussen has been a staple at The Cowboy Channel Cowboy Christmas and continues to deliver laughs, entertainment and special guests during the ten days. Also back for a second year is the live-music show Cowboy Revival with host Shane Minor. The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Calcutta will be held daily. New to Cowboy Christmas in 2021 is the NFR Tailgate which will broadcast live on The Cowboy Channel.
To add to the overall experience, RMEF’s Hunter & Outdoor Christmas Expo will be co-located upstairs in the South Halls from The Cowboy Channel Cowboy Christmas. Over the past 34 years, Cowboy Christmas has attracted more than 4.6 million attendees.
In addition to the Ariat Rodeo Live Stage, The Cowboy Channel Cowboy Christmas will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
• Wrangler Rodeo Arena – Featuring a seating capacity of more than 1,100 fans, the arena host a variety of events and competitions. The YETI Junior World Finals will feature contestants 19-years-old and younger competing in many of the events the pros take part in at the Thomas & Mack Center, including bull riding, bareback riding, saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling, girls and boys breakaway, team roping, tie-down roping, pole bending and barrel racing.
• Ranch Water Rodeo Saloon – Every great “rodeo” needs a saloon. Located near the east end of Cowboy Christmas, the Ranch Water Rodeo Saloon features specialty drinks, souvenir collectible cups and video screens with a replay of the prior night’s Wrangler NFR performance. In addition, with its close proximity to the Ariat Rodeo Live Stage, this will be a great place to be close to the action;
• NFR Central presented by Resorts World Las Vegas – This area will feature radio remotes, contestant and musician autograph sessions, giveaways, panels and more. Dale Brisby and Fallon Taylor will also be in attendance;
• Bites and Brews presented by Total Feeds – A series of custom food and beverage carts will be located on the second floor adjacent to the Wrangler Rodeo Arena;
• NFR After Dark presented by Community Coffee – This customized area features Cloud Touch units promoting all aspects of the NFR Experience and how fans can engage at the 23 sponsor hotels.
Over the past 34 years, Cowboy Christmas has attracted more than 4.6 million attendees.
Sold out for more than 330 consecutive performances in Las Vegas, the Wrangler NFR attracts the top 15 contestants in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing and bull riding. Under the new contract with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association that runs through 2025, the purse in 2021 is $10.257 million. Qualification is based on the 2021 PRCA World Standings.
Courtesy of NFR Experience